Title: Age Discrimination in IT: Confronting Behaviors that Marginalize Employees of Any Age
Date: Monday, March 16, 2020, 3:30pm to 5:00pm
Location: Longwood Medical Campus, Countway Library, Minot Room 506, 10 Shattuck St, #3, Boston, Ma
Who: Christie Struckman, VP Analyst
Description: An inclusive environment requires equal treatment of everyone. Yet, day to day, seemingly small actions can collectively and progressively create a scenario where people feel marginalized. All employees can help break unconscious habits by confronting behaviors that leave some members feeling their contributions are not valued or respected. But confronting those behaviors is uncomfortable. This session provides an easy to follow process for confrontation that anyone can do, independent of their role in the organization.
Bio: Christie Struckman covers the complex challenges of organizational change and business transformation with a focus on the people perspective. Her areas of focus include culture change, organizational change, the role of the CIO, leadership and management practices. Ms. Struckman is a member of Gartner's Leadership, Culture and People team in the CIO Research group.
Countway has a site with information on the location: https://countway.harvard.edu/about/directions
- Harvard IDs will be required to enter the library.
- There is a bag check upon exiting the library.
- The entrance address is 10 Shattuck St Boston, MA 02115
There are 3 options for parking nearby:
1. Metered on the street
2. Brigham and Women’s garage: https://www.brighamandwomens.org/about-bwh/locations/boston-main-campus-self-parking-and-valet
3. Children’s Hospital garage: http://www.childrenshospital.org/patient-resources/parking-and-directions
The path to Countway from Huntington Ave. and Brigham Circle is sunken below street level. Wheelchair access between the two locations requires the use of two outdoor elevators. One is on Huntington Ave. near the steps descending from street level to Countway. The other is at the Countway entrance. Each elevator has a call box if you need help. You may also call (617) 432-1379.
Service animals are welcome at Countway.
- Longwood Campus Maps: https://hms.harvard.edu/about-hms/contact-hms/harvard-longwood-campus-maps-directions
- Location on Google Maps:https://www.google.com/maps/place/Countway+Library+of+Medicineemail@example.com,-71.1043083,15z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0xc932ca88d645da0b!2sCountway+Library+of+Medicine!8m2!3d42.3351663!4d-71.1036369!3m4!1s0x0:0xc932ca88d645da0b!8m2!3d42.3351663!4d-71.1036369